The Richmond County School System (RCSS) Graduation Ceremony will be held Wednesday, May 24 through Friday, May 26 at the James Brown Arena. See the graduation schedule below for more details.
Wednesday, May 24, 2017 - Performance Learning Center 4 PM; Richmond County Technical Career Center 6 PM.
Thursday, May 25, 2017 - Butler High School 8 AM; Lucy C. Laney High School 10 AM; Davidson Fine Arts Magnet School 1 PM; Westside High School 3 PM; Academy of Richmond County 5 PM.
Friday, May 26, 2017 - A.R. Johnson Health Science and Engineering Magnet School 8 AM; Hephzibah High School 10 AM; Glenn Hills High School 1 PM; T.W. Josey High School 3 PM; Cross Creek High School 5 PM.
Graduates, parents, and attendees are reminded of the following items for the graduation ceremony:
- Graduates should enter at the ramp on the 8th street side of the arena.
- Graduates are REQUIRED to attend the graduation practice session held by each high school.
- The James Brown Arena does not allow balloons in the arena area.
- We ask that visitors and friends REFRAIN from noisy behaviors such as using air horns and bells that detract from the recognition due to all members of the 2017 graduating class. Your cooperation is greatly appreciated.
- Graduates are asked to arrive at the James Brown Arena 30-45 minutes early.
- Caps will NOT be thrown at the end of the ceremony.
- Cell phones must be in the OFF position during the entire ceremony.
For more information, please click here.